- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, about 1 1/2 pounds
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced into half moons
- 1 fresno chili, chopped
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 cup organic chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, about 1 large lime
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut cream
- pinch turmeric powder (optional for colour)
Put the avocado oil in a large skillet over a medium high heat on the stove. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add it to the heated pan. Cook on each side for 5-7 minutes or until browned on each side. Remove the chicken from a skillet and set aside on a plate. The chicken doesn’t need to be fully cooked yet because you’ll be returning it to the heat shortly. Wipe down the pan with a paper towel to remove black/brown bits.
Add a little more oil back to the pan along with the onion to the same skillet and sauté for a few minutes to soften. Add broccoli and peppers. Sauté another couple of minutes. Add the chicken stock, lime juice, cilantro and chili flakes. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce down to a simmer. Let simmer for about 5 minutes to reduce down. Add the coconut milk and turmeric and simmer again for another 5 minutes.
Add the chicken back to the skillet, cover and let cook for another 5-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
Serve with cauliflower rice with the sauce spooned over the top.
For more simple, delicious and healthy recipes, go to: https://drklearman.com/category/recipes/