I am a total sucker for fresh herbs. Which really makes me wish that I was a better gardener, because nothing makes me happier than pulling food right from a plant. I know it is better for me, and it certainly is a really fun and satisfying experience. Why am I lazy about growing my own food?
Someday I will do it and do it well…
In the meantime, I covet the cities and towns across the world that have year-round access to freshly grown produce. And then I shop at City Market. Drop the mic.
I do feel a bit of relief this time of year as the produce actually is starting to taste good. So, I pull together the kind of fresh produce from the store to make this salad- like every day. I could eat this one Every. Single. Day.
It is refreshing, delicious, AND cut into little tiny pieces which for some reason is super satisfying to eat.
Try it. It goes with every possible protein.
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 english cucumber, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce, chopped (optional- you can definitely add lettuce if you want, I like it both ways!)