I literally chopped up a bunch of stuff, added a dressing and put it in the fridge. The cool thing is that the longer it sits in the dressing, the better it becomes. I love salads like this that don’t wilt and get slimy, because aside from tasting great, they make great lunches for the week (or at least a few days while it lasts).
When I took a bite of it I realized that I should share this, because I am like some kind of slaw savant. This salad is so refreshing, crunchy, and yummy- I am actually quite proud of myself for this one! I hope you like it as much as I do.
- ¼ head of purple cabbage, sliced thin using a mandolin slicer (you can use a knife, too)
- ¼ head of green cabbage, sliced thin using a mandolin slicer
- 1 head of dinosaur kale, sliced off the stalks and then thinly sliced
- 3 red beets, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 1-2 cups of shredded carrots (I bought a bag of pre-shredded carrots. Because I can, and you can, too!)
Put all of this into a big bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 T Apple Cider Vinegar
1 T lemon juice
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 T honey
1 small clove of garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
Pour the dressing over the veggies and mix them well. I used my hands because I am like that. Enjoy right away or cover and refrigerate until you are ready to eat!