With the weather cooling off, I want warm and comforting foods.
So, I combined the two and made this DELICIOUS meal. It doesn’t look very good in the pictures, but it was so yummy.
True to Eliza form, this meal was also easy, quick, and, of course, healthy!
- 1 pound ground beef (or ground protein of your choice)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 head of Cauliflower, riced (processed) in a food processor until about the size of rice. I used the
- frozen riced cauliflower
- 4 oz diced green chilis
- 14 oz diced canned tomatoes
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 bunch of Spinach, chopped
- 4 oz shredded Cheese (optional)
- Optional toppings: sliced Jalepeno, Fresh tomatoes, cilantro, guacamole, sour cream
Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add your ground beef to the skillet, sprinkle with salt, and cook, breaking up with a spatula, until it is browned.
Once the meat is cooked, stir in all the spices. Add the cauliflower and mix well. Pour in your canned, diced tomatoes, diced chilis, and a cup of salsa of your choice. Let it cook in the skillet for about 20 minutes, until the cauliflower is cooked and much of the liquid has cooked off.
Stir in the spinach. Then add in the shredded cheese, stir everything together and let the cheese melt. Cook for about 5 more minutes to let the flavors combine.
Top with toppings of your choice!
You can eat this in a bowl like I did. Add this to a taco shell, tortilla, or lettuce wrap. My people ate it like a dip with chips.