We are here for you! A lot of you have concerns about your health and are doing your best to both stay healthy and recover quickly if you do get sick. As a reminder, we are happy to curbside delivery of both your prescriptions and anything else from our store, whether you are sick or not. We are also doing at home delivery if you need that!
We have to make sure that we are not making any claims about what can and cannot prevent this virus from affecting you and what can and cannot be used to treat this virus. The bottom line is that it is new and we have no to very little evidence about any natural substance for this particular virus.
We can make some assumptions that a healthy body will lessen the severity and duration of infections, in general. With that in mind, we can take the approach that hardening the immune system will be a good idea for COVID-19, as well.
The basics are important:
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly
- Don’t touch your face! If you must, wash your hands both before and after
- Practice good personal distancing. Send one person into the places that are still open, don’t gather in groups, don’t stand next to someone you are talking to – spread it out!
- Stay well hydrated
- Eat a healthy, whole foods diet. Focus on a wide variety of fresh vegetables and fruits, spices and herbs. Limit or eliminate sugar which will inhibit immune function
- Get enough sleep
- Exercise regularly
- Enjoy daily fresh air
- Manage your stress levels. While this is a difficult and stressful situation, try to think of all the positive things that come from this: our planet has a chance to breathe, we get to spend extra time with our families, we can reach out to friends on a more regular basis, we can work on put-off projects, etc. If we focus on being positive, we can have a profound effect on our health and well-being! And remember that positivity is contagious, too!
Please refer to the following published article regarding some supplements that might be helpful. https://athmjournal.com/covid19/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2020/05/imcj-19-08.pdf
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THESE OUR SUGGESTIONS AND WE MAKE NO CLAIMS TO BE ABLE TO PREVENT OR TREAT COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS. The products and services discussed regarding COVID-19 are solely to enhance immune function or help manage symptoms and are not offered to prevent or cure the novel infection caused by SARS-CoV-2. Our clinical experience suggests that products or services offered may mitigate the consequences and alleviate some of the complications of the illness. The FDA has not approved these therapies expressly for use in COVID-19 or any viral disease and suggested use may be “off-label” and are not intended to treat any disease indication but only offer symptomatic relief. While there is evidence supporting such use, that evidence may not rise to the level necessary for acceptance by medical associations, health institutions, or regulatory bodies. There may be professional disagreement and some professionals and regulatory bodies may be of the opinion that some recommendations are not helpful or inappropriate.
We have these supplements together at the pharmacy. Call ahead and we will deliver it to your car!