How To and Why You Need a Detox
Could you benefit from doing a detox? Core Restore is 15% OFF at Vail Valley Pharmacy NOW!
Detoxing is a great way to hit the reset button for your body. Our bodies are so inundated with toxins that it is a great idea to cleanse at least once a year.
The symptoms of toxicity are broad and wide. Chances are you are experiencing something right now that could be resolved with a simple cleanse. Headaches, acne, mental fog and depression, digestive issues, muscle aches, bad breath, a coated tongue, unexplained weight gain and low energy, poor sleep, allergies and food sensitivities, and more(!) are all symptoms associated with excessive toxin exposure and sluggish detoxification.
I recommend Ortho Molecular’s 7 Day Core Restore Detox, which encompasses each of these principles. This gives your body time to rest and regenerate, and allows time to break some bad habits while creating new, healthy lifestyle habits. A yearly cleanse can help you detoxify your body and will certainly help get rid of some of the symptoms that plague us all. Get started today!
A detoxification cleanse can be quite simple to accomplish. The best way is to follow a three step protocol:
- Toxin avoidance – We live in a toxic soup. Do the best you can to avoid all chemicals to give your body time to heal and recover. Eat organic and non-GMO, clean up your cosmetics and personal care products – if you wouldn’t eat it, you shouldn’t put it on your skin – and use non-toxic cleaning products.
- Detoxify– the actual process of detoxification takes place in the liver and the kidneys. You need to take a high-quality medical grade product to support fatty acid metabolism, improve cellular energy for the sulfation and detoxification pathways, and provide antioxidant support. My favorites are nutrients like B vitamins and sulforaphanes, amino acids such as l-glutamine, glycine, and taurine, and herbs like watercress, green tea, and ginger. You can use the 7 Day Core Restore Detox supplement that is currently on sale at the pharmacy. It mixes into a tasty smoothie to get all the essentials for detoxification.
- Elimination– once the detoxification system is ramped up and you are mobilizing toxins from the places of storage in the body, you have to support the organs of elimination to actually get those chemicals out.
- Skin– Exercise, infrared saunas, and even hot baths can help release toxins through the pores
- Lungs– Did you know you can dump toxins in your breath? Deep breathing not only calms you down, but also helps you detox
- Intestines– Going to the bathroom every day is so important to eliminate toxins from the body
- Kidneys– Drinking plenty of water is a great way to flush toxins out
- Lymphatics– Dry skin brushing and exercise are both essential to stimulate this system of waste removal that sits just under the skin