Moroccan Yogurt Grilled Chicken
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin.
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander.
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 cup whole milk Greek yogurt (or Kite Hill dairy free plain Greek yogurt)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Combine all of the spices in a small bowl (you will have some leftover that you can store in a sealed jar for later use).
Take 2 Tbs of the spice mixture and mix it into the yogurt and add lemon juice. Take out 1/4 cup of the spiced yogurt and set it aside. You will use it as a dip!
Next, add the chicken breasts to the remaining spiced yogurt and mix it around so the chicken is covered. Let it marinate for at least an hour in the fridge.
You can cut the chicken into cutlets and skewer and then grill, or grill whole on medium for 6 minutes per side.
I served this with grilled zucchini, tomato salad and cauliflower rice. Delicious!