My favorite pumpkin pie recipe comes from the beautiful folks ove at Primal Palate. This pie is to die for and is made with healthy ingredients like maple syrup instead of refined sugar. I promise you will love it!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 9″ pie pan with palm shortening.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the maple sugar, almond flour, arrowroot flour, sea salt, and baking soda.
- Using your hands, add the palm shortening to the dough. Once the shortening is added to the flours, you will have a crumbly dough.
- Lightly whisk the egg whites, and add them to the dough, using your hands again to knead the dough, until you have a nicely formed, smooth ball of dough.
- Add about 1-2 tablespoons of arrowroot flour to the outside of the dough if it’s a touch too sticky.
- Press the dough into the pie pan, forming a 1/4″-thick crust.
- Bake the pie crust for 20 minutes on the middle rack, in the center of the oven, and allow to cool completely before filling.